Sunday, July 13, 2014

Day 5 and 6

I didn't post anything yesterday for a couple of reasons:

It was a tough day, food-wise and I just wasn't feeling up to it, but even before that I felt that posting every day may become too overwhelming. So I've decided to only post when I feel I need to get things off my chest or on weigh-in days--which are every Monday.

I struggled eating all the food and taking all the supplements I'm supposed to take yesterday. It just felt like too much food! Past experience with this has also taught me that if I try to force it down it will inevitably just come back up. Last night I decided not to push my luck and just do my best. I fell short of my goal, but I'm okay with that. I did the best I could AND I still stuck to the plan--meaning there was no falling off the wagon as I fell into food temptation.

It's funny that here I am a day from my first weigh-in, and I already notice a difference in the way I feel. Mornings have been tough in the past because I wake up achey and so tired having had not-very-good sleep. I would suffer from acid reflux and it would usually take me about 30 minutes of sitting on the couch to kind of get my bearings and psyche myself up for the day. In just the last few days I have found myself getting better sleep, having no acid reflux and waking up with no aches and a lot more energy. This alone is motivation to keep going!

I've also noticed that I walk differently and hold my head up higher. I'm so used to being one trying to conceal my body, and just physically manifesting the sadness and guilt at what I had let myself become. But just choosing to make better food choices has led me to feel better about myself. Being able to stick to this for a week has given me a lot more self-confidence. I'm grateful for that and cannot wait to weigh in tomorrow morning.


No comments: