Monday, July 28, 2014

Day 21

Weigh in #4...Down 4.9 lbs. This surprised me. I was waiting for the ball to drop--for that one awful weigh-in that makes you question why you're putting yourself through this misery in the first place. It hasn't happened yet. So every weigh-in from now until then I will hold my breath when I step on the scale...or maybe I should NOT hold it in. I'll weigh less if I push all the air out of my lungs, right?

This brings my total to 21.1 pounds down. I am officially now at the weight I was when we found out we were expecting the bonus baby. Miraculously, and through the help of a good-lookin' aqua Zumba teacher, I managed to only gain 10 pounds my whole pregnancy. AFTER Millie I managed to not only NOT lose any baby weight, but also to pack on another 12 pounds on top of that. So if the last time you saw me was around the time my mom passed away, I look exactly the same. But 21 pounds? That's like a big drop, right? I don't notice a difference. No wait! Strike that! My wedding rings are looser. AND my acne is clearing up--probably cause my hormones are starting to get back into normal range. But I still have to hold my breath when I tie my shoes. I still have a large spillage of belly fat when I manage to squeeze into a pair of jeans. Millie still pats my belly like a bongo every day. And I still have a huge double chin.

But a loss is a loss. So I'll take it, and enjoy it.




No comments: