Sunday, July 6, 2008

Middle of the night


So, last night I woke up--don't even know what time it was and I started to think...I don't think I like the new swimsuits the potential olympians are wearing. What happened to the good ol' speedo? I liked those--on guys who actually have the body to wear that kind of thing, but then again...does ANYONE have the body for those things? But seriously, I'm a little disappointed. And not just cause I don't get to see guys in speedos, but the girls are wearing them too. I know there was this controversy about how tons of world records have been broken since the inception of the new swimsuit, but I don't care about that. Aesthetically, the speedos worked for me. Luckily, as my husband pointed out, the divers are still wearing them! Go USA!

4 comments:

coolwolf20338 said...

It's a greater shame that the women are wearing them. No one really wants to see a man's crack, but no one minds the cleavage (assuming a woman had cleavage).

I find the men's swimsuits much nicer. In fact, if it gives the USA a greater chance, I think full body suits should be worn (for the men). The women should just wear bikinis. That'll make the games more successful anyway.

TracieCarter said...

The odd things that keep us up at night! I had quite the running list last night because I'd taken too long a nap after church :) Still lovin' Sunday naps while McKay does! Easton entertains himself w/ a movie and then the minute I wake up he wants to know what's for dinner! Back to the grind!

Where's the patriotic red white and blue??? They look like they're ready to film another Matrix movie under water! I guess I don't have much of an opinion, but I do want our colors!!!

Side of Jeffrey said...

Seriously, it shouldn't be about how fast a piece of fabric makes them go. It should be about their ability. Either way, speedo or new suit, everyone has the same base to start with. I think they should all have to wear cargo pants and sweaters. Sure, it will slow them down...but everyone will be slowed down.

Sparklebot said...

curran: I want to see a man's crack. So, that blows your theory.

Mexicarol: I am with you. I want the speedos back so I can see the now-legal michael phelps in all his glory.