Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Crash,Boom, No Splat (thank goodness)!

It's been a while since I've posted--things have been a little crazy. Curran is 5 weeks away from finishing his MBA at Cal State L.A. Since we reside in San Diego he has to drive a little over 100 miles on Thursdays to attend class. He's been doing this since June so last Thursday was just like any other for us. I knew I wouldn't see him until about midnight, so I went over to my friend's house to entertain myself and the kids.

I got a call from Curran a little before 6 pm. He was involved in a 5 or 6 car pile up on the 710 freeway on his way to school. He had just left my parent's house (where ironically he had just complained to my sister about how unhappy he was with his car and how much he wanted to buy a new one) when he was rear-ended by some kind of big delivery truck (like a Uhaul) and that sent him smashing into the Jeep in front of him. He stayed in his car, afraid to move, until he was transported by ambulance to the hospital where he laid strapped to a board for a few hours.


The kids and I drove up the next day to figure things out. I was amazed at how well Curran was doing. I was even more amazed when we went to the tow yard and saw the car. Curran calls it a "minor accident." We're very lucky that he is as well as he is--all things considered. He had minor cuts from the back windshield shattering, a bruise on his leg and some whiplash. He also finally got to buy that new car he's been wanting!

2 comments:

Sparklebot said...

Scary. I'm glad he's ok.

Jodie said...

Yozers...that was intense. Glad to hear he's alright. By the way, I found you from Smash's blog. It's been a while. Looks like life is treating you well. We had some crazy times in Corner Down!