Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm Addicted!

I am officially addicted to reality TV. I think it gets on Curran's nerves, but I can't help it. I finally realized a few days ago that there is one thing that the reality shows I watch have in common...really dramatic gay men (that's kind of redundant, though, isn't it?). I am in love with Project Runway and Shear Genius! I gotta admit that the only reason I started watching Project Runway is because my friend Smash made such a big deal about it. I just had to see what it was all about. Shear Genius I just caught one day on TV and have never missed an episode since.

Actually, the one other show I watch doesn't have the same common thread as these--I've got two words: Hai! Majide! It's that show "I Survived a Japanese Game Show." I had zero interest in this show when they first announced it. It sounded ridiculous and lame. I told myself I would never be caught watching that show. Well it IS ridiculous and lame, but also highly entertaining. I've decided that if I wasn't born Mexican I would have chosen Japanese. They sure do know how to entertain an audience. Although, if you've ever watched a game show on Spanish TV those can sure give the Japanese ones a run for their money.

Reality TV has had some real winners and some real losers. I personally feel like it has redeemed itself with the above-mentioned shows. If you haven't watched them you are missing out on some quality hissy fits, cat fights and physical challenges.

2 comments:

Sparklebot said...

PR is sooo good. You should not feel any shame about liking it.

Can you choose ethnicity?

secwalker said...

I LOVE project runway - I'm totally rooting for the mousy looking girl with the long hair. I'm relieved they Auf Widershened the guy from SLC; he was getting annoying.