Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I knew this was a bad idea



So, after much thought and quite of bit of convincing I gave in last week and we finally got high speed internet and cable. After the first 24 hours, though, I knew we were in big trouble. First let me start by saying that I never really found the thought of hundreds of channels very alluring. Maybe it's a guy thing...I don't get it. I just find that it takes entirely too long to scroll through the entire guide. By the time you make it all the way through the guide and actually decide on something you want to watch the dang show will be half-way over. Then there's the dilemna that you think you found something interesting, but something inside nags you that there might be something better, so you scroll through the guide and pretty much end up watching nothing cause you're so indecisive.


The other big issue is who gets control of the remote. Curran and I have quickly learned that we don't ever agree on what to watch. He thinks my shows are trash. I think his shows are dumb. For instance I choose to watch and sometimes record: Golden Girls, Splendor in the Grass, How William Shatner Changed the World, Deadliest Catch, Trauma: Life in the ER, and Reno 911. Curran chooses to watch and record: Drumline, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Ultraviolet, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, and My Cousin Vinny. You've heard people say that finances are the biggest cause of contention in a marriage? I personally think it's cable tv. We both make fun of each others choices in television programming, but in the end we always give in--except for My Cousin Vinny. I don't think I could ever bring myself to watch that.

2 comments:

coolwolf20338 said...

Play nice, Princess.

TracieCarter said...

Ahhh so true, so true. And you never seem to find the time to watch the stuff you DVR either in order to save yourself the trouble of scrolling thru the menu. Ryan likes me to watch "with him" so if I don't like what he's watching, I'll either pull out my laptop or a book - my subtle way of saying "yawn fest!" Sometimes he cares, sometimes he doesn't. But notice he's the one w/ the remote by default. I surrendered long ago. Apparently I flunked in the DVR control school long ago and my report card was emailed to him because I can never get it just right for him. So rather than stress over doing it right or hearing the "sighs" from his throne, he can have the blasted remote and I'm not bitter. Okay, maybe a little sometimes :) I LOVE that you're a bloggin gal!!! It's my Carol alive and kickin, homeskillet!