Friday, July 2, 2010

I'm a Goner...


So Curran and his two brothers that also live in Colorado have gone to Utah till July 5th. They said they were going out there to help their parents finish projects around the house that have taken more time than originally expected. I personally think he went on some "boy trip." He claims his finger is still swollen from the wasp sting so his wedding band is sitting on our dresser as we speak. I'm sure there will be a lot of movie watching and eating of fast food, and goodness knows what other mayhem these "wild" guys will cause--maybe some computer games, bowling and if they're feeling really adventurous maybe even miniature golf. Watch out Taylorsville, UT!! The Mitchell brothers on the loose!


But I am writing this post as a warning or S.O.S. of sorts. See, yesterday while edging our side yard by the sidewalk--which by the way is like 100 feet long! I had no idea how long 100 feet actually was until Curran handed me a shovel and told me to start clearing rocks. So we're out there shoveling away--sweating profusely when a guy on a bike comes riding by. I ignored him mostly, until I saw him circle around and stop in front of us to ask what we were doing. Curran proceeded to explain to him what we were doing and bike-guy says our work might be easier if we use a pick-axe first to break everything up. We exclaim what a genius he is and what idiots we are for not thinking of such a thing. He then offers to let us borrow his pick-axe as long as we're careful with it. He rides off and promises to be right back. Sure enough, a few minutes later he is strolling down the hill with a giant tool in one hand and a coffee cup in another. BTW, who drinks coffee in 90 degree weather?! This should have been my first red flag...


He shows Curran how to use the pick-axe and then offers to just finsh off the rest of the pick-axing (about 40 feet) for us so he doesn't have to leave his tool. We reluctantly agree--we're not used to having nice neighbors. Being from L.A. I eye everyone suspiciously. So he keeps digging and starts making small talk with Curran. Curran tells him that he is leaving town for 4 days and that his wife (ME!!) and his kids will be home alone the whole time!!!! I try to ignore his big mistake and find other things to do. So I start weeding the backyard, and about a half hour later Curran has invited bike-guy into our garage and out to the backyard to show him who-knows-what.


So this is the jist of what I'm trying to say:

1. There is a random bike riding guy out in my neighborhood who knows I am sans husband this weekend.


2.Curran has given him a tour of our home so I'm sure he has figured out the best places to hide and/or break in.


3. He owns a PICK-AXE!!


4. He's a red-head--and we all know how crazy those people are. Am I right?


SOOOOO, if you don't hear from me this weekend or anytime thereafter it's cause I AM DEAD!! I'm generally leary of strangers, but a stranger with red hair and a pick-axe? Hello! I am doomed.


P.S. Anyone who wants to come spend the night while Curran is away may inquire within...unless you have red hair.

5 comments:

Momof5 said...

Carol, you are so drama!!! Just make sure yoi lock all your doors and windows... Have a fun 4th of July weekend!!

Jennifer Moneymaker Owens said...

Ok, what's up with the redhead comments???

rusted sun said...

I live with three red-heads. When we lived in Texas I knew a Mexican red-head who was married to a Chinese woman.

All red-heads are harmless. They are normally shy because they already draw too much attention to themselves. The ones with pick-axes are just looking to make friends.

Have a safe weekend.

btw...I would be SO mad if my husband told a total stranger that I was going to be home alone for the weekend. But don't worry you will be fine.

Josh and Christina said...

Seriously, I agree with you 100%!! Red heads are nuts...I have a red head brother and multiple nieces and nephews...watch out for them!! LOL!! I hope you survived, I HATE to be home alone too.

Nate & Elise said...

I can't believe you. I know you made those red-head comments just to see if I read your blog. We'll see if I ever come spend the night! Apparently I am not welcome in your home, being the ginger that I am!!!