Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Home is where...all your time and $$ go!

Things we've done around the house:

  • Painted 2 walls in the kitchen a bright yellowy-orange--think orange julius.
  • Replaced the medicine cabinet in the upstairs bath--unsuccessfully. Apparently, it's slanting to the left a little and it's driving Curran crazy.
  • Painted upstairs bathroom.
  • Painted kids play room.
  • Window treatments for the play room, living room and kids bedroom.
  • Pulled out a massive juniper bush in the front yard, dug up all the rocks and leveled it.
  • Put another layer of rocks on the side yard.
  • Edged 90 ft of side yard to put some kind of retainer in--tried to put retainer in by myself and after wresting with 60 feet of edging and hammering my hand while putting in stake #2 I gave up.
  • Hung wall art in bathrooms, living room, kids room and kitchen.

And numerous other little projects have taken place--with many more on the "to-do" list still. Funny how when I moved into this house I swore it was move-in ready and there was absolutely nothing I needed to do to it...

All of a sudden I start to think about how all growing up my dad spent almost every free moment doing something around our house--fixing, updating, pruning, cleaning. That man was always busy, and I could never understand it...until now. And now I'm starting to understand why it pays to have multiple children--cheap labor. Even with this new revelation I still have NO plans of adding another "little Curran" to the mix. So don't get your hopes up. This baby factory is CLOSED. And it makes my two children that much more precious and valuable. They're like limited editions. And how did we go from talking about housework to my womb?

2 comments:

Johanna said...

There's something about owning a home that turns on this little switch in your brain that says "this could be better - let's change it". I was so relieved to move out of my first little home with all it's "fix-it" projects. We picked a "move in ready" house for our current home - and the list of "fix-its" immediately began! It's a curse!!

The way of The Rose said...

pictures please....my house is an endless renovation project. Not mine, Eddies uuuugh. Permits for garage conversion just got approved. Someday you will see something I did...for now I'll just let Eddie get it out of his system first teeeeheee