Saturday, April 10, 2010

Jackpot!


So, you may have heard that we found a house we really liked--well, let me back up...we have found a lot of houses we really liked. We viewed 62 houses (some of them more than once) and placed offers on 5. We had a lot of rejections/outbidding-ness, and I was starting to get a little down--okay a WHOLE LOTTA down. Don't believe me? Ask my husband, my realtor, and my close friends who (on more than one occasion) have seen me break down and cry like a baby.
After my latest meltdown I came home and did a lot of pondering and praying, and kept getting the feeling that we should go back to see a house we had dismissed as being too small the first time around. It has the coolest backyard with tons of trees and a covered patio, but at 1300 square feet I just felt it wasn't big enough. The square footage of the lot is insane. The house itself, is little, but sufficient for our needs. So we made our poor realtor take us back for another look and Curran and I both felt that this was our home. The offer was accepted and we have had the paperwork submitted for the loan and have already taken care of the inspection.
I learned a lot through this whole house hunting process. I wont go into all the lessons learned, but I realized that I started to get a little caught up in the excitement and was looking for more house than was necessary. Then I thought back to those days, that seem so long ago now, before the idea of buying our first home even crossed our minds, and how insistent I was on having a big backyard and a little home. Little home = less for Carol to clean. I wanted something cozy and cute, and by golly I think we have found it!
I was postponing the posting of pictures because my biggest fear is that I will get ahead of myself and then find out that the financing fell through, aaaand since I waited so long, the pictures on all the real estate sites have been taken down since the house is officially under contract...sorry, or as Noah says: "wowwy." Guess this just means you'll have to come visit or be one of the lucky few to get an invite to the sweet house warming party I'm already planning in this giant noggin of mine!!
P.S. the pic is of an actual mailbox we saw at one of the many homes we viewed. The fish box was by far the coolest part of the whole house, or hole of a house, better stated.

2 comments:

rusted sun said...

I hope everything on your new house goes through. It is stressful to be in limbo.

When Lonnie and moved to Texas we got caught up in buying a big house...we ended up with 3000+ sqf for just the two of us. Thankfully we at least added two more to the mix.

We moved to Auckland, NZ three months ago and we now live in a duplex that is probably about 600 sqf. I love it. I love that it is easy to clean. I love that I can almost always find when I am looking for. I love that we spend most of our time out side or at parks.

Good Luck!

Gma Banta said...

Carol you have such a unique way of expressing yourself - I love to read your blog!
I will be praying that all goes well and you and your family will be in the home you desire soon! Financing is tough right now, I know, but I feel positive about this house you described!
Good luck honey!