Monday, April 19, 2010

Casa de Mitchell

So, we haven't officially gotten word back from the bank, but I'm just too excited to wait any longer! Besides, word from our lender is that the whole process is "looking phenomenal." We are getting close to closing this deal, and I'm gonna take a chance and trust God that things will turn out as they should (a.k.a. I get my house). A couple of things to keep in mind: 1) the house is not officially ours, but with a "phenomenal" outlook, how can it not be? and 2) The stuff in the pics belongs to the family currently living in the home. So, without further ado, I present, our little Ranchito de Mitchell I ain't too blog savvy, so let me fill you in on what you've seen above:

1. The outside of the house (obviously). It's on a corner lot, and I dare you to tell me it's not a cute lil' house!

2. Then there was the front room, or what some people refer to as the "formal living room." Ya'll better not expect to hang out here unless you're the president (well, maybe not even him) or some foreign dignitary.

3. Next is the family room. Cozy and comfy. Me likey.
4. Then you see the kitchen. Somewhat small--and the biggest reason we rejected this house the first time we saw it, but we've been able to figure out how to add counter space and make the seating less of a space-eater. Just wait till we show you!

This is the eating area. I'm not a big fan of eat-in kitchens, but there is definite room for expansion, and if we turn out to fall in love with the place and refuse to move ever, we will add on to this here cute lil' area.

The master bedroom, in all it's glory

One of the small bedrooms
The third bedroom--this will be the toy room until the kids get old enough to start hating each others guts.
Then you have the a-mazing backyard. This is my most favorite part, hands down. The covered patio is great and the amount of space the kids will have to run and play in is unbelievable! There is also a raised garden, a sand pit, and a giant throne hidden among the trees.
So, there it is. It grows on me a little bit more every time I glance at these pics. We can't wait to start packing and make this little house our own!

8 comments:

Jennifer Moneymaker Owens said...

Oh Carol, it's beautiful! And I'm right there with you on the backyard. I love that the master bedroom is shone with a crib in it. Hint hint maybe?? :) I know it's not "official" but let me congratulate you anyway! I'm so happy for you guys!

Lisa said...

Carol, you've made me want to move into that house too. I know you guys will love it there.

Sparklebot said...

Looks great. Here's hoping it all comes through just as hoped for!

J and L said...

Awesome!! Can we move in too?? ;)

The way of The Rose said...

I love it...and your favorite part is my fav. part too. I'm excited to see what you are going to do with counter space. :)

Gma Banta said...

What a great yard! The house is lovely and I'm sure you will soon put your own "imprint" upon it.
I remember the first home Bob and I purchased - oh wait -we're still in it! :)

secwalker said...

It's beautiful! Congratulations!

Josh and Christina said...

Yay!! I love it! I'm so excited for you guys!