Sunday, March 21, 2010

Addendum

Dude, seriously? I hate to ask, cause I know I'm asking for it, but really, how much worse can it get? Yesterday I was pulling back into my covered parking spot after Pinewood Derby and hit a freakin' pole and bent my rearview mirror back! Curran tried to direct me on how to fix my horrible parking job, and I just got frazzled, slammed the car into park and got out to let him figure it out on his own.

I thought for sure my bad luck would come to an end, but then as I was about to leave to house to go watch "Twilight" for the first time I decided to make a potty run--just like I make my kids do before leaving the house. Well, my precious cell phone (which really was a piece of junk, but it was precious to me) decided to go for a swim in the toilet! I fished it out, but it was no use. After switching my sim card to a new phone I discovered that all my Colorado numbers were deleted. Why all my Colorado numbers and not the others? You'll have to take that up with my phone. I personally think someone (or something) is still bitter about leaving California. I think it was feeling a little inadequate in a place filled with iPhones and Droids. I wish it had talked to me first, though. I might've been able to talk it out of ending his dear, sweet life. I needed it. I don't think it understood just how much I relied on it. May I show my new phone just how much I appreciate it before it's too late! Let this be a lesson to us all! Don't hold your feelings in! Tell your phones how much they mean to you before they're no longer around to hear you. And don't carry your cell phone in your pants pocket.

In all the mayhem and chaos afterwards--trying to rescucitate my phone, wondering if calling 9-1-1 would help--I completely forgot I had to pee!!

3 comments:

Gma Banta said...

At least you hadn't already pee'd when the phone took a dive, excuse me swim.

secwalker said...

Jeez Carol. You seem to have more than your share of bad karma. hopefully that means there's less for the rest of us : )

Melissa C said...

This just makes me laugh as I have days like this too and then I think--wow--did I really need to be humbled that much? But then you provided so much amusement to my day that I just have to thank you for taking one for the team.