Saturday, March 20, 2010

Highlights (and lowlights) of the Week

Judge 'em as you wish:


1. Went to look at houses in Centennial and Littleton where I found a house decorated in the "Party Centerpiece" motif--ceramic babies and gaudy flower arrangements ga-lore--including a tiny shrine to the Virgen de Guadalupe. Bonus points if you can tell me whose house this reminded me of (and I say that with the utmost love and respect)!


2. While looking at other houses, witnessed my realtor knock over a picture frame (of the favorite child cause there were pictures of the same girl--in the exact same pose--all over the house) and send shards of glass flying all over the carpet. I almost wet my pants seeing the panic on his face...
3. Went to the park TWICE this week where we got a little sun, threw wood chips around enjoyed the weather before being hit with the yuckiest snowstorm I've driven in.

4. Once again, managed to break my vacuum--why doesn't this ever happen when Curran's vacuuming?

5. Went for a 2-mile walk and spent the rest of the day (and the next) with shin splints, feeling nauseous and so stinkin' sore--even my hair hurt. Working out is overrated...just saying...

6. Skidded into a curb (at pretty good speed) and was then thrown back into oncoming traffic where I sat stunned for like 5 minutes before reacting. Thank you to Pie and my sweet husband for dealing with a pretty shocked (and at times hysterical) me. Oh and to Jessica and Elise for their session of exposure therapy--nothing like confronting your fears just a few hours after seeing your life flash before your eyes!






2 comments:

Gma Banta said...

Regarding the house decorated with the Virgin -- I'm guess your Mom?
My grandmother had photos of her favorite people (me and my twin bro) all over the house. And some awful knick knacks that are now worth $$ in antique stores. Go figure!

Jennifer Moneymaker Owens said...

I absolutely love your pictures with each segment. You rock!!