Thursday, May 28, 2009

Middle of the Night Stuff

Last night my eyes popped open at 2 am, and then my mind started to think about all kinds of stuff. I spent most of the time from 2-5am thinking about all my old roommates while I was at BYU. I don't know why--but I wanted to see of I could remember them all. Here is my feeble attempt. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (last names will be withheld):

Copan Cabana:
My first roommate experience, and by far my most favorite. We never owned a TV and didn't need one cause we were each other's entertainment.
Trake, Rake, Heidi, Cheryl, Katie, and my next door neighbors mom who came to stay for a summer--made for lots of fun days, let me tell you!

Corner Down:
My first basement experience--and my last. Dumpiest house I ever lived in, but fun roommates. I once made a massive hole in the living room wall...with my BUTT! From then on it was known as Carol's butt hole. We slept on the massive lawn a lot during the summer months which was wonderful --except for when the automatic sprinklers would come on in the morning.
Smash, Sarah, Jodie, Courtney, Karrine, Amy, Janine, Lindsay, Jones, Cynthia, Jessie...

McKonkie:
This was the house where you had to know someone who knows someone who knows the prophet to get in. So glad I did.
Kristen, Laura, Cindy, Ginger, Helen, Mary, Naomi...there's got to be more...Karyn!...

Mexico:
Went to Mexico for Study Abroad during this time--it was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
Jaime, Carolina, Jeff, Seth and his crazy wife and kids.

Love Shack:
Also known as the porch swing house. This was a short stint.
Trake, Tiffany, and a dog...whose name escapes me at the moment.

West-something. I moved to some apartments on 5th West. Tiny space + 6 girls = no fun. I mostly just slept here cause I attended the Spanish ward at this time, but I met the bestest roommate ever!
Lisa, Becca, Megan, and two other girls I can't remember.

Last house:
This last house I lived in before getting hitched had no cool name, but I loved the location. It was like on 1220 West--right by the river.
Genel, Moneymaker, Lauren, Chari, Joni, Gina.

These are people I may have lived with--I can't remember if I did or if I just spent so much time with them that it felt like I did:
Mary S., Kirsten, Liz.

I loved my time at the Y. Overall my roommate experieces were awesome, and I've made the greatest friends. I was also quite the cupid. These are the people I take partial credit for hooking up:
Myriam & Geoff
Doug & Karen
Laura & Andy
Adam & Angelica

Then I started to think about my favorite places to eat while at the Y:
Stans, Malt Shoppe, Cafe Rio, Gandolfo's

Then Curran's alarm went off and I was finally able to fall back asleep with visions of Sweet pork salads, and urban cowboy sandwiches dancing in my head. mmmmmm......zzzzzzzzzzz.......

4 comments:

J and L said...

I was awake thinking around 2am last night too! Although I was thinking about all the cleaning I had to do today... Your thoughts were much more pleasant. :)
Boo-yeah!! The west house with no name. That was some of the best of times!

The Mayne Attraction said...

How funny...I woke up craving Gandolfo's last night! I was laying in bed thinking...I wonder how far I'd have to drive to get a sandwich like that....there's gotta be a place in Seattle (2hrs away. Darn pregnancy cravings!
Thanks for being such an awesome roommate. Those years in Copa Cabana still hold many of my best memories.

TracieCarter said...

Hey "international roommate"! :) Man, I've been having my own sleepless nights lately too! I still remember how timid you were when I first met you and how the majority of my memories of that fabulous time are associated with phrases coined or taught by you, Hom skillet! Oh those were good times, almost as good as joining the circus! Pa-rum-pum-pum-pum-pum! What was it you said to Drew that time you caught him in a hug from behind? Oh how I want to remember it so badly! I LOVE YOU!!!

thebriggsfamily said...

The Last House ROCKED!