Wednesday, October 27, 2010


It's 11:00pm. I got back about 45 minutes ago from the Temple and I am wide awake. My kids are wide awake, and my heart is full. I was able to go to the Temple tonight with my Visiting Teachers. But these girls are not just my vt's--they are two of the closest friends I have made out here in Parker.


I have always had kind of a tough time with Visiting teaching. I am not good at making appointments. Sometimes I find it hard to make friends with the girls I have visited. But these girls have strengthened my testimony of this program of our church. They have been my good friends. They have welcomed me into this new ward with open arms and have loved me for who I am. I don't know how I got so lucky to have them assigned to me, but I am oh-so-grateful because they were exactly what I needed here.


We went to the Temple and then went out to dinner and talked for hours. Nothing about our friendship is forced--it has all come so naturally, and I seriously think that friends like these are heaven-sent. I can count on one hand the number of friends I have felt this connection with--but to me, they are all evidence of the hand of God in my life.


I spent 5 hours with them tonight, and I seriously could have gone another hour or two. Isn't it grand when you find friends like this? Isn't it even grander when you have a husband who will let you take 5 hours out of your night to go spend with these friends and not utter a single complaint about his night? All-in-all, one of my most favorite nights EVER!

4 comments:

Aranne and Dan said...

Sounds like a great night and a well needed one. Glad you have friends that you can count on and ones that are a positive influence in your live. Yeah!!!

thebarriosfamily.com said...

Well, what can I say, awesome, night awesome company. It is amazing how much time we can spend together and not even feel it, I know we can do an 8hr shift, LOL.

Love you amiga and love your post!!

Besos y abrazos

Ashley said...

I am finally getting on your blog :0) blogging and I have a love/hate relationship.
Great post! It sounds like you lucked out in the VT department! How nice of your hubby to keep the kids without complaint...he should teach a class or something ;)

Johanna said...

It's amazing the difference a few really good friends can make in life. Especially after you get married and have kids, it can be a real challenge to find someone you click with. I'm so glad you have that blessing in your new home!