Sunday, October 3, 2010

Ah...Priesthood Session...

Last night was Priesthood session and not wanting to waste a couple of good hours with no husband around I got together with two of my good friends, Jessica and Claudia (and their corresponding children). By the way, it's kinda weird to bring together two friends from two different parts of your life, isn't it? Jess is from my former, apartment living life. Claudia lives down the street from my new home. The two had never met, and I didn't know how they would jive. Am I the only one who worries about stuff like that?

The night went splendidly--minus a couple of mishaps and accidents. So here is a recap of our night...in pictures:

The kids had Red Baron. We had Carino's. Unfair? No way! When I picked up the Red Baron at Wal-mart Lola said "Pizza?! This is the best day ever!!"

That's supposed to be Noah. But he didn't take a bite out of a corn dog. He opted for Chewy's arm. And Lola got a monster splinter in her thumb--though by the sounds of her incredibly high-pitched screams you would think her whole hand had been gnawed off by a ravenous wolf. The shrieks ended thanks to Jessica's sweet skills with the tweezers.


Once the kids were fed and catastrophes taken care of we made some killer desserts: pumpkin pie milkshakes and pumpkin roll...mmm...and this is what my kitchen sink looked like at the end of the night:

But THIS is how my heart felt after spending a couple of hours with two of the bestest, strongest, most beautiful girls I know!

2 comments:

thebarriosfamily.com said...

Amiga, what a great post, simple and to the point. Thanks so much for having us, I really enjoyed it, I had a great time, company was wonderful and dessert was delicious...

We should do more things like this not only during Priesthood, lol.

Ashley said...

Loved the pictures! You are so funny!

I spent Priesthood session cleaning madly and barking at my children to do the same. Doesn't sound like quite as much fun.