Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh the good ol' days!


Does anyone remember cops giving away baseball cards? Someone has got to remember this. When I lived in East L.A. the cops would come down our street and all us poor neighborhood kids would swarm their patrol car and they would stop and hand out Dodgers baseball cards. We loved it!


I was thinking about this today cause yesterday Lola and I went to El Pollo Loco (as is our weekly ritual) and there were 4 cops sitting there eating lunch. I prompted Lola to say hello and was just about to tell her to ask them for a baseball card when I realized they probably don't do that anymore. I think they should bring that back--us poor kids really enjoyed those cards.


Maybe if the LAPD did "Baseball Cards for Guns" instead of "Cash for Guns" they would get a lot better response. I'm just throwing that out there for consideration.

1 comment:

coolwolf20338 said...

El Pollo Loco a weekly ritual? Are you sure? I'm positive it is almost DAILY.

As for cops giving out baseball cards, I've never seen such a thing.