Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Deliverance...Revisited

So you know that movie "Deliverance"? You know, the one with the inbreds that take these canoers hostage and do all sorts of horrible things to them? It has Jon Voight, and Burt Reynolds in it? Well, anyway, I had this horrible dream last night that I was IN that movie and they had taken ME hostage. They were after me, and no matter how hard I tried to get away in my Suburban (which I don't own in real life) those inbreds kept popping up all over the place. They even flattened my car tires by piercing them with a pitch fork!!

I remember someone once talking about "Dueling Banjos" and how anytime they heard that song it reminded them of "Deliverance." Well, now I keep hearing that song in my head over and over and it's kinda creeping me out. Here's the scene from the movie with that song in it. It's kinda entertaining, but it will stick in your heard and you may have dreams of inbreds taking YOU hostage...consider yourself warned!


1 comment:

Mr Brightside said...

Those guys live down the street from me. Don't believe me? Ask Joanne about the time we went to the gun show and we had to leave cause of the yokels.