Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sombody's Got the Sickies :(


So, a few days after I got back from Mexico I started to feel really weird. A little tired, dizzy, yucky. Thought maybe I just needed more sleep. My lentil soup from lunch wasn't sitting to well. I laid down and slept for a couple of hours. When I woke up I had a fever and started to feel the body aches.

As the days progressed my fever continued to rise--upwards of 103 degrees. I had bone-shaking chills and was really nauseous. I finally gave in a couple of days ago and went to the doctor--thinking he would just tell me I had the flu and tell me to go home and sleep it off.


When I got to the doctor's office I was handed a mask. My fever was still high and they had no idea what kind of funky disease I might be carrying so they made me wear it. I am SUPER clausterphobic and started to panic within seconds of putting it on. Somehow I managed to sit there till my name was called. The doc did his doctor thing and when he asked if it hurt when I breathed or if I was short on breath I answered "no," well, I was, but I atributed it to my fatness, like it wasn't some new discovery or anything. He was about to tell me it might just be the flu when I mentioned we had gone to Mexico recently. He quickly changed his plan of attack and sent me to the E.R.--mostly cause I was severely dehydrated and cause my blood pressure was really low--but I think the whole Mexico thing tipped it over the edge.


So they ran labs at the hospital and gave me all sorts of good pain meds and hooked me up to an IV, and this is what they discovered shortly after taking some x-rays:

That's right, I have freakin' PNEUMONIA!! I only use such strong words cause I'm mad at it for making my lungs their home. Who does it think it is? I thought only old people got pneumonia. I bet you some crazy Mexican gave it to me. They're probably sitting under a palm tree drinking some fruity drink with an umbrella in it and laughing hysterically at my demise.



On a happier note--I felt a lot better after leaving the hospital. They gave me some antibiotics and some vicodin--that's like a vacation in a bottle!

6 comments:

The Mayne Attraction said...

So sorry. I hope you're being well taken care of. XOXO (you're not contagious over the web are you)

Aranne and Dan said...

Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling so great. At least you had a fun vacation... Take care of yourself and get better soon!

Karen said...

That's no fun to come back from a vacation and find out you're sick...I hope you're doing better

jojomynx said...

I can't believe you had pneumonia and you were just trooping along. You're my hero. I hope you feel better soon.

J and L said...

Oh no!! Bronchitis is bad enough, but pnuemonia! Yikes! I hope that you are feeling better soon...

Jessica said...

Tis the season I guess. We have been sick for a month, but yours sounds worse. I hope you are feeling better soon!