Monday, August 25, 2008

How Sweet the Sound


So, I decided yesterday morning as we climbed into the car to go to Church to try a little experiment. I wanted to see how many times Lola would say "mom" or any variation thereof in a day. I don't know if I'm a bad mom, but I think I need a vacation from my kids. I'm counting down the days till Lola starts preschool--though I'm sure I'll be a big, blubbering mess on her first day. I must've just hada bad weekend. I don't know. I do know that I was tired of hearing "Mom. Mom. Mommy. Mom. Mom. Mommy..." You get the picture.


So we left for Church at 9:15 am yesterday, and I think that by the time we got to Church the tally was at like 30. I continued to count during the first hour--and I lost track around 50. Curran thought this was hilarious--I think this is a very good reason for my lack of sanity. I love my kids--they just need me a little too much--and I know as I type this that I am gonna cry the day they don't need me anymore. But there are days I wish I was someone other than mom.

3 comments:

Sparklebot said...

Yeah. You're lucky. Nobody wants to talk to me.

coolwolf20338 said...

It is very funny. Mostly because she'll be, as she put it, a blubbering mess, when they reach the age of not wanting anything to do with her.

I'm just glad that they only want me when they want to play (about 2 hours out of a day).

The Mayne Attraction said...
This comment has been removed by the author.