Thursday, July 12, 2012

Don't Call it a Comeback!


Seriously thinking about restarting this whole blogging thing. Reading some old posts I've realized just what an outlet it was. With the death of my sweet mother and the purchase of a new house--which seems to sense we've been here for two years so now is the perfect time to start showing it's flaws--and my adorable and hysterical children getting older and therefore more articulate (and let's face it, even more adorable and more hysterical) I would have a place for all my rants and raves and nonsensical, shooting-the-breeze kinda thoughts.

So obviously, when you add something new to your life there's gotta be something else that will take a hit, right? There are only so many hours in a day...So here is a list of possible facets of my fabulous life that may take a hit if I do indeed decide to go down the blogging road:

1) My Facebooking time, and in turn my hilarious and witty FB posts. I can't be witty all the time. So either the blog gets my best material or my posts do. I don't know if there's enough wittiness in me to go around...

2) My Pintrest time. THIS may seem like not a big deal, but for those of you that have eaten somewhere I have taken a dish to and have loved it? Yeah, you have Pintrest to thank. Therefore, cutting back on my Pinning time will lead to a serious decline in the deliciousness eminating from my kitchen.

3) My gym time. Let's be honest here: I'm always looking for an excuse to NOT go. "My throat has a tickle." "My toenails aren't polished." "My workout pants are too tight." The list goes on and on. Starting up the blog will just be one more excuse I can throw out there, and knowing my insane ability to rationalize everything I'm sure it wont be long before I whip this puppy out.

4) My wifely duties. Okay, so this one has been on the decline due to the three previous items listed. I cannot count the number of times Curran has come home and found me on Pintrest  with no clue of what I am going to feed my family or come home to an empty house cause I'm at the gym (working on my tan...not my physique) or come home to find the house exactly the way he left it--meaning that those really obvious messes like the shoes blocking the door or the pile of toys you have to dodge to get up or down the stairs are STILL there. But if my wifely duties are already suffering, is it really fair to put them in even greater jeopardy? I just don't know...

5) My mothering duties--Called by many "The noblest of callings". Even without blogging there have been plenty of days I've muttered the words: "Oh you're hungry? Eat whatever you can reach in the pantry or fridge." I love my children more than anything in this world--they're the source of my best material for FB and blog posts. Sometimes I wonder if this hasn't already taken a hit. When I think of my children and what they may grow up to be as adults and who would be the "successful" one Curran and I both have our money on Lola. Whereas I have huge dreams for Lola, I'm simply hoping to keep Noah from being that grown man who lives in his parent's basement eating cheese puffs and playing Dungeons and Dragons in his underwear.

I'm torn.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I love your post! I love hearing about your life. I miss you!

Ashley said...

I totally vote to cut the facebook. Do it! ;)

secwalker said...

Glad you're blogging again. FB just doesn't have enough room for for your funniness.

Johanna said...

I vote you take up blogging again - I love getting a full dose of your humor. Facebook posts are too short to really capture your fun personality!