Monday, November 2, 2009

Snowed In

We had a huge snow storm move in to Denver last week, and the kids thought Christmas had come early--literally. The first day of the storm Lola ran outside and threw herself into the snow to make a snow angel. It took her a few seconds for the shock to set it, and she lay there motionless--unsure of what to do. You see, this is the first time my kids have been in or around snow. She was not prepared for how cold it would feel.

And mom was not prepared to dress her kids appropriately. My kids went out in jeans and cowboy boots or tennis shoes, and we quickly learned that that was not such a bright idea. Problem was, I was forbidden by Curran to drive that first day--which was not a problem cause there was no way I was gonna even try to maneuver an automobile in weather like that. So the kids would go out for like 10-15 minutes at a time, run back indoors, undress by the fireplace and put dry, warm clothes on and then head back outside a while later when their little California-bred bones were warmed. Here are some shots of the kids in the snow. In this first one Noah does have snow bibs on and snow boots--I' m not that bad of a mother!We got a few feet of snow dumped on us, as is evidenced by my snow-covered midget of a son--yes, he is standing up in that pic, and he was quite content in this spot. He fought me when I tried to remove him.

Lola thought it would be fun to dunk her whole face in the snow to get a snow beard...until it started stinging her face, then she just screamed bloody murder. (Notice the lack of appropriate snow gloves and jacket)


If this is how the rest of the winter is going to be I am about ready to pack my things up and run home to my momma!

1 comment:

Sparklebot said...

1) You lived in Utah for quite a few years--so, you SHOULD be used to snow. I realize that the kids are a different story, but you can teach them the glories of snow.

2) Change the link from my old blog to my new, please!