Thursday, June 26, 2008

Aren't They Cute When They Repeat Everything They Hear?




A week or so ago I was driving up with the kids to LA to see my parents and was listening to talk radio (something I rarely do when Curran is in the car with me). I know that the show I listen to isn't very uplifting and sometimes has some pretty crude stuff--but it can be quite entertaining as well. So I was listening in--thinking Lola was asleep in the backseat. The guy on the radio was talking about who-knows-what and made his final point by yelling "Bastards!". Lola perks up and says "Bastards?" and I respond "Huh?" thinking she would forget what the word was. She continues by yelling it out again and then saying "Ohhhh bastards! Bastards, mommy. Bastards! Hurry!" So I go--"Yeah faster! Mommy goes faster!" And thanked heaven I managed to save myself some future embarrassment by adjusting the meaning of the new word she discovered.




Though I also discovered earlier this week that she listens to EVERYTHING I say when I'm in the car with her. I was cut off by some little old lady in the Ralph's parking lot and I honked my horn. Lola then proceeded to yell "You big dummy!" out the window. I guess there are worse things I could teach her by example.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Carol! Glad to see you have a blog! That's too funny that Lola repeats everything...I guess that's what I get to look forward to in a few years? I guess I'll just enjoy the fact Ethan can't repeat everything I say yet.

Sparklebot said...

Why do you even HAVE kids if you aren't trying to make miniature YOUs to do your bidding and think like you? I think you are doing well.

Side of Jeffrey said...

You should bring in some of your more colorful phrases from your BYU days. Kids are so cute when they swear.